The Strata Florida Trust (SFT) is a charitable company whose objectives are to preserve the historical and architectural heritage of the Great Abbey Farm buildings at Strata Florida and advance the education of the public with regards Strata Florida and its surrounding landscape and heritage.
This Policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us will be handled by us. Please read this policy carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. If you have any questions about our data protection policy and practices please contact us: email@example.com
SFT and your personal data
Our legal basis for collecting and using your personal data
The law requires us to have one or more of the 6 lawful grounds to collect and use your personal information. The following are relevant to the purposes set out above:
- Where you have given your consent. This consent can be withdrawn.
- Where there is a contract and the use is necessary for the performance of the contract or to take steps at your request prior to entering into it.
- Where there is a legal obligation. For example, to share your personal information with staff.
- Where SFT has a “legitimate interest” in the collection and use. The law allows personal information to be collected and used if it is necessary for a legitimate interest – ours are set out here in general terms.
Sometimes it is not practical to ask for consent and we will rely on this legal basis. Where these situations relate to marketing and fundraising, please note that you can change your preferences by contacting us (see details below).
What SFT’s legitimate interests are
We may rely on legitimate interests in pursuit of our business objectives, which may include the following:
· Administration and operational management, including responding to enquires, providing information, research, grant applications, events management, the administration of our projects and employment and recruitment requirements.
When do we collect personal data from you?
- When you speak to, write to or email a member of staff
- When you sign up for our newsletter
- When you fill in our contact submission form on the ‘Contact’ page of our website
- When you voluntarily provide us with your contact details e.g. registering for our Archaeology School
How SFT manages your personal data
SFT will ensure that any personal data you provide is collected and handled responsibly and securely within our system.
- We do not sell or rent your personal information to any third parties.
- We will not share your personal information with any third parties, except under compulsion of law or where it is necessary to share it with HMRC.
- We do not process your personal data for marketing purposes.
- We will always inform you (before collecting personal data) of the purpose for collecting this.
- We will retain the personal data you provide securely within our records unless you request that we remove it. You may request the removal of your personal data from our records at any time
- We do not knowingly process data belonging to children without prior parental consent. If you are 16 or under‚ please get the permission of your parent/guardian before you provide us with any personal information.
Your rights under GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations)
Under GDPR you have the right to:
- access any personal data that we hold about you
- require us to rectify inaccuracies in that data
- object to or restrict processing
- have your data erased
- lodge a complaint
- withdraw consent for us to process your data at any time
The GDPR applies to our contacts databases. As part of our GDPR compliance process we are actively seeking consent from people whose contact details we currently hold to continue to retain this data across all forms of communication.
If you request that information we hold about you is deleted or indicate that you do not give your consent for us to continue to hold your data, your personal details will be deleted from our system. To request removal of your details from our system contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You can opt-out at any time from being contacted by us. If you let us know that you do not wish to be contacted by us, we will not contact you by email, post, phone or text message.
You may request a copy of the personal information we hold about you at any time.
The accuracy of the information we hold about you is important to us. If you change your email address, or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please let us know (contact email@example.com)
Our contact with you
You have a choice about whether you wish to receive information from us. Everyone on our newsletter mailing list may opt-out at any time. If you do not want to receive newsletters from us about our work, you may unsubscribe from our newsletters by clicking the unsubscribe link in any of our newsletters to you. Those who unsubscribe from our mailing list are automatically deleted from our newsletter contacts database.
SFT uses Mailchimp as our newsletter platform. Mailchimp collect (via sign-up forms) and store personal data, within our MailChimp account in order to allow us to create and use distribution lists and send email campaigns. By remaining on our newsletter mailing list, you acknowledge that the information you provide will be transferred to Mailchimp for processing in accordance with their PrivacyPolicy and Terms so please do take some time to review these documents.
Our website is hosted by weebly.com. If you use our website we encourage you to read their privacy statement.
Use of 'cookies'
The SFT website www.strataflorida.org.uk places cookies, which are small data files, on your computer or handheld device. This is standard practice for all websites. Cookies are essential for helping our website hosts deliver a high quality website and online experience for visitors to our site, and some collect information about browsing and buying behavior. By using and browsing the SFT website, you consent to cookies being used in accordance with our policy. If you do not consent, you must disable cookies or refrain from using the site.
Links from our website to other websites
Our website contains links to other websites that are not controlled by SFT. This privacy statement applies to our website only‚ so we encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit. We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other sites even if you access them using links from our website. If you linked to our website from a third-party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third-party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third-party site.
Your email address is transmitted normally over the Internet, and this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we will strive to ensure its security within our systems.
Or by post to Strata Florida Trust, Postal Address: Mynachlog Fawr, Abbey Road, Pontrhydfendigaid, Ceredigion, SY25 6ES
This policy has been approved and adopted in January 2019